Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Friday, July 13, 2007

Where Have You Been??

Ok, ok - I confess. I've been here at home. Watching old Star Trek TNG reruns in the early evening and the first season of 24 later in the evening. Mel and I have limited ourselves to TWO episodes of 24 only each evening. Wow - is that show addictive!

I have also been working on finishing another afghan to give away to someone in need this fall. A needlepoint rabbit is about 2/3's finished - all mine, all mine! And I have the pillow top finished to the point where the next stop is making a back for it. I even dug out an old bed pillow that I'm going to take apart and stuff this smaller pillow with the innards. This pillow top was started almost a year ago in the Saturday craft class. I decided I needed to try and finish it at home instead.

And I've been doing some other writing. News/prayer letter updates, thank you notes, birthday cards, my own thoughts (maybe they will appear here, maybe not at this point).

The knee is better. Mel and I walked to the store today to buy some much needed produce. I wore a pair of shoes I bought in France and did much better than with my old ones. I am happy! I will be very careful with that knee, believe me. Stepping down into a pile of sand some builders had left just off the sidewalk about did me in - but, it didn't! And that is progress. Huge progress for me.

Mel has been sick with either a stomach virus or food poisoning. Could be either since he's had some meals away from home. He's better today, but spent the day yesterday mostly in bed, sleeping, when he wasn't running for the other very important room. Such is life.

All for now. But I'm back!

No comments: