
Meanwhile, halfway around the world, this is what we saw the same day here in Ukraine:
I tell people this is true, but most people just can't quite believe it - the three snowiest months in Colorado are March, April and May! The good news is that the snow usually melts really fast during those 3 months, so it isn't piling up into 10 foot drift (usually).
I checked the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo giraffe cam on the 1st and sure enough, there was snow falling, but not sticking on the ground, just sticking on trees, grass and the boardwalk. The giraffes were missing, nicely tucked up in their warm Giraffe House, eating hay I am sure. The next day, the 2nd, the snow was all gone and the giraffes were out in the brilliant warm sunshine again, visiting with the people and begging for their crackers.
I miss wild weather.
2 comments:
that photo is of my car in the driveway and there is a bigger drift in the sidewalk area to the left and in front of the car. This photo is popular, they put it in the newspaper and on the online newspaper too! www.rapidnet.com blizzard 08 photo galleries!
Actually, I never said it was snowing.
I said there were giant white piles of Global Warming falling from the sky and sticking everywhere.
BTW, I think I need a bumper sticker made up:
Liberalism -- the dreaded belief that somehow, some way, it's all Bush's fault.
Post a Comment