It is cold outside - finally!
And it is cold inside - sadly.
We have no water. It went off yesterday to the accompaniment of very loud gurgles in all of the pipes. Drained away completely. The pipes are dry as old bones out in the cow pasture in the middle of a very hot and dry summer. Dry.
The dishes are piling up. We will have to buy water soon for both drinking and washing dishes because our 3 six liter bottles that we keep filled with drinking water are about half gone already.
But the biggest concern is that it is cold in here. Was 63 degrees when Mel got up this morning. There is the barest hint of warmth in the radiators. Barely. They are at least warmer than the walls are.
I have a thermometer that sits beside my plants in the window here in our office room. It reads 50 degrees right now. So between the plants in the window and where I sit not 3 feet away, the temperature warms up 13 degrees. That is better than only warming up 12 degrees, or worse yet, not warming up at all.
I have never been a cold person. I am usually the last person in the room to feel cold. I wear short-sleeved shirts when other people are in ski sweaters. But alas, after my surgery last January, I get cold much faster. Too bad, altho for the first time in my life I can wear a knit sweater and not feel like I'm suffocating, so there is at least one positive to it. I'm cold now. I would take a hot shower and warm up, but alas, no water...
Baby, it's cold INside!
No comments:
Post a Comment