I'm complaining tonight. It has been a crappy couple of days. First, the water went off on Tuesday. I mentioned that before, I know. And then it is cold in our flat. I mentioned that before, I know. And then my computer died this morning. I have not mentioned that before.
Crappy.
Sigh.
So, I'm using Mel's computer, which is quite old and has a bad habit of just turning off in the middle of whatever he/I is/am doing.
The good news is that the water truck came today and Mel filled up two 6 liter bottles of water. Big sign on the truck: Boil water for 10 minutes!!!! We will use if for flushing only.
Better news is that the water came back on tonight around 8 pm. Hopefully they have fixed whatever the problem is.
You don't realize how much you use water until you have none. We were out of pots and pans tonight - tomorrow would have been a sandwiches only day, or a day to eat out on the town. Thankfully, we can now wash the dishes...which Mel is doing for me as I write this (I love that guy!), after we had quick showers first. There are priorities, after all!!
The not good news is that Ira told me today on the phone why it is so cold in our flat. Down to 60 degrees this morning in the office room.
Why? you ask. Because our building went 'private' and we no longer have ZhEK, which means there is a boiler in the basement somewhere that heats the water for the radiators and no one wants to pay the gas bill to heat the water hot enough to make it actually warm in our apartment/stairwell/building. Grrrrr.
Our landlord raised the rent $50 per month just to pay the extra cost for gas, starting in October. We have no benefit from it at all - in fact, just the opposite! Our flat used to be so warm I would wear shorts inside during the winter. Too warm. Now I sit here with a frozen nose, hands and feet. I am not used to being cold and I don't like it in the least little bit.
Grrrrr.
The other good news is that Ira will come tomorrow morning and help us take my computer to a repair place. The bad news is we have no idea if it is fixable, no clue what is wrong with it. I would say I'm crossing my fingers - but hey, I don't believe in luck and the arthritis in my fingers would make that extremely painful right now.
Instead, I am praying.
So, here I sit, complaining and praying.
Wow.
What an Old Testament Israelite I am.
I am supposed to be learning something from this. I am supposed to be sharing in the sufferings of the people around me. But, I am uncomfortable, I am inconvenienced (good grief - I have semi-access to a computer, I'm writing right now, aren't I?), I am complaining.
Shame on me.
However - I am REALLY REALLY glad I could take a shower finally..... and so is Mel.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I just really, really want my computer back. I'll stop complaining about the lack of heat. I'll try to anyway.
1 comment:
sorry about your computer. Hope it's fixable. Glad you have water back, I still remember those days, it's horrible! Now as far as your appartment goes, can't you move? Sure there are places for rent that have heat. With your arthritis it's really not good to be cold all winter. How about radiators? Do you think you can get one to use at night when nothing else is running?
Post a Comment