Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Random Photos

Photos taken December 1 - I still have petunias on the balcony. There are even a couple small blooms, a little worse for the wear because wind and light frosts will do that to you, no matter who or what you are. :) They are still alive today, mostly because the temperatures have been consistently in the 50's and 60's during the day and high 30's and 40's at night and I keep watering them once a week. It's hard to think this is really December. The daffodils I bought and planted are already starting to come up, too.


And here we have a prime example of what is happening in this city. I can count eight (EIGHT, 8) advertisements in this photo, not counting the phone number ad. I know which ones are actually separate ads, although it's hard to see in this photo. Actually, I took the photo just for my sister in Alaska. Yep - the big letters say: "Alyaska". There are actually more ads just out of sight. Pretty soon Kherson will be one big advertisement, without flowers, trees, sky, grass or .... just advertisements. Makes me want to puke. I find them totally disgusting. I find what they stand for equally sad. Sigh.

And just so we don't leave this post feeling downright depressed, here is photo I took tonight. Cheyenne has found Nirvana! A nice warm hidey hole under the Christmas tree and up against the semi-warm radiators. She's happy and content - for a few minutes! And I am having a blast decorating the flat for Christmas already! :) :) I'm not finished by a long shot. I've got my Christmas plates and mugs out, the Christmas tablecloth (not the one in the photo), placemats and napkins out. I've still got a lot more decorating to do. I love this time of year - from October through February, actually, for decorating around the flat. It makes the gray skies outside (see first photo) much more bearable.

Joy! Joy! Joy!

No comments: