Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Gas - A Hint At What Is To Come?

According to FoxNews this morning, Russia has cut off gas supplies again to Ukraine - Russia's Gazprom Cuts Gas Supplies to Ukraine. This is not the first time, nor the last time would be my guess. Sigh.

It has been cold all winter because our ZhEK/privitization group has not turned the gas up enough to keep it even 65 degrees in our flat. Each morning when Mel gets up the temp in our living room is between 60 and 64 degrees, depending on how cold it is outside. It could soon be much cooler than that. I am finally starting to get accustomed to temps in the mid-60's so maybe my body is readjusting from the surgery last year back to the way it used to be. I sure hope so!

Here is a photo of the flame in our kalunka: Looking back at a couple photos I took the last time our gas was very low (see my post, And I Wonder Why...), it appears that so far after 3 hours our gas is still better than it was before. But it's only been 3 hours. :) :) :) We'll see what the flame looks like in two days or a week, if the crisis goes that long.

This is Russia's way of saying to Ukraine: Happy New Year!

No comments: