Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I'm NOT Leaving' A Jet Plane, Just A Train
This song always comes to mind when we get ready to leave on a train here in Ukraine. I'm not sure why exactly - maybe just because it kind of rhymes with I'm Leavin' On A Big Train. :) :)
Mel and I are going to Kiev tonight and will be there for a few days. Now that we have PeopleNet internet we can take the computer with us and have internet connection as long as we are in Ukraine. I like it. But I don't have a strong battery in this computer, so I can't use it on the train, just when we get there.
I chose this rendition on YouTube because the one with John Denver actually singing it in a video had some comments that I didn't like. Comments about him - true or not, and I really don't want to know - comments that I don't care to share with anyone else. Sigh. The man is dead, he's gone to his just reward, what ever that may be (I'm afraid I know, but really only God knows). I love his music, though - always have, always will. Even if the only time I saw him in concert he made me mad (slammed Alaska - how dared he?!! harrumph. ).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment