Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Monday - A Reply to My Oldest Son

February 23, 2009: 1:35 pm: CalvinDude Music, Satire
Monday &*!@# Monday!

The conspiracy is real.
I don’t know how they found me, but they did. And now I must flee.
See, this morning I woke up with a Moody Blues song stuck in my head. Specifically, this one. It’s bad enough starting a Monday on THAT note…
But then I went to lunch at Subway, and they were playing a song on the radio. No, not “Never Comes the Day.” It was John Stinking Denver singing “Rocky Mountain High.”
The only way this Monday could get more depressing is if “THEY” weren’t actually after me. I blame Bush.


Well, Peter, it's nice to know that some of what I exposed you to when you were a little kid has actually had an effect on your life as an adult. Strange, though, that we had no music by either The Moody Blues or John Denver while you were growing up, but instead your Dad played lots of classical stuff and of course, the Christian stuff. What was it? By osmosis in the womb, I passed on my enjoyment of these two? Somehow your love of Metallica and 'ska' was not passed back the other way. Whew!

ROTFL

Mom
PS You need this today, to wipe away the 'Blues' and that fresh mountain air.

3 comments:

Peter Pike said...

Actually, you DID have "The Best of the Moody Blues" (or something like that) when I was in high school. And I do like them, just not on Monday morning (they're better, for some reason, on Tuesday afternoons.............)

You still won't get me to like John Denver though :-P

ColoradoColumbine said...

Your father says you won't like John Denver until you stop shaving your head. I'll know when by the story in your eyes. LOL But I love you, yes I love you! Oh, oh,oh, I love you!

ColoradoColumbine said...

Well, Peter, I clicked on 'publish' for your reply, but I don't see it here and it's not on my dashboard anymore. So, from email notification - here's your reply: " Peter Pike has left a new comment on your post "Monday - A Reply to My Oldest Son":

So I'll never love John Denver.

I can live with that. :-) "

What's a mother to do? My son, the new Yanni - with no hair! (He had great hair...)