Mel is home from presbytery and I think, as he would say, "Now my world is round again."
For some reason before he left this time I was really worried about the trip to and from. He had to go early for a meeting in Odessa with the other Ukraine Team city leaders, so took a marshutka. Last night he told me it was a frightening ride. I questioned why and he responded that he thought the driver was too interested in keeping an eye on the rear view mirror rather than the road. Why? Because of the passenger in the short short skirt sitting in the front seat. Mel said they were all over the road even more than usual, into the ditch, across the center line into oncoming traffic, weaving in their own lane - all at over 50-60 mph when traffic allowed. On the way home in a private car, the driver (who will remain un-named, but is not an American) was doing 160 kilometers per hour - or, 99.4 mph - on these unbelievably bad at times roads.
Seriously, I felt compelled to pray for Mel off and on while he was gone, but especially all day yesterday. I even sent him a text message while I was sitting at a bus stop waiting for a trolleybus, asking him where he was at. I just had visions of them flipping over and over through a wheatfield somewhere between here and Odessa. I didn't get a response for about 3 hours - and then this is the total conversation: (me) Where are you? (him, much later)In Ukraine. (me, immediately) Ha. Ha. (written in a very sarcastic tone :) )
But at least I knew they were still alive and on the way home.
I know you are not supposed to worry, but - I felt worry. Or maybe if you don't like that word I will change it to 'concern'. I felt great concern over this trip. So I prayed, many many many times - God please keep your hand on Mel, keep him safe, bring him back to me. And of course, I added all sorts of reasons why God should do that - but alot of those reasons are selfish and will remain unwritten at this point. :) :)
I'm glad that I can pray. I'm glad that I love my husband. I'm glad that God says I can go to him and cast all my cares on him (which means I have to have cares to cast). I'm glad God listens - because each time the thoughts came to mind and I prayed, I felt peaceful afterward, knowing that whatever happened - God was listening to me and that He is in control, not matter what His holy will actually was. I'm so glad and I'm so thankful that Mel is home, safe and sound. I lay in bed last night, listening to him sleep, his back toward me, my hand on his hip touching him so I knew for sure that he was really there - and I prayed once again:
"Thank you, Father God in heaven - thank you for bringing my husband home safe and sound."
No comments:
Post a Comment