I am once again reminded of how important hymns are. I learned this song as a child, singing it in church many times over the years. What will the children of today remember? "I praise you" 15 times with an "alleluia" between each one? "I, me, we, us" - with maybe an occasional "Jesus" thrown in?
I'm so thankful I was raised on "solid food" hymns and not just the watered down "milk" of today's modern stuff.
Words and Music by Helen H. Lemmel
1922
Refrain:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!
His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment