Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Photos of A New Family

Ira came home from the hospital on Monday. Here are the first photos of their new little family. I'm not sure when I'll see Ira and Sasha again since usually babies are kept home and away from other people for about a month.

Maternity hospital Alyona A. and Sergei K. arrive to great the new mother and baby Mel (in background), Auntie Lyena and Papa Yuri arrive Ira brought Sasha out to the front door, Yuri went up and took him. I think that this was only the first or second time Yuri had seen Sasha and held him. I know we were not allowed in past the entrance hall, and while we were talking there with Ira the day before, another father came in and talked to his wife in the same room without seeing his baby either. Proud new parents! Yuri and Sasha Ira and Sasha


I've talked to Ira a couple times on the phone and things seem to be going well. I've had a hard time reaching her, though - go figure! :-) We saw Yuri a couple days ago and he looked pretty tired. Sasha is a quiet baby - but he is a new born and they are still getting used to having a baby in the house. Just wait until his lungs get their full power. {grin}

No comments: