Programs like this are wonderful when you trust your government. However, when your government is trying to control every aspect of your life, it is a different story.
I wish I could believe in the purposes for programs like these being truly altruistic. Unfortunately, I know that the heart of man is evil and that power corrupts. Fortunately, I also know Who is ultimately in control of every thing that happens on this earth, and that He has ordained what will come to pass from before the creation of the universe.
We live in interesting times. I become more and more aware every week that most people cannot see beyond the end of their noses. Most people cannot put 2 and 2 together and see what is really happening in our world. Most people do not want to know at all.
I weep.
Mel and I have been reading a lot about what is happening in the Church, especially in the States. She, the Church, has wandered far, far from her roots. New Age spiritualism is being accepted, many churches are geared toward "doing what is right in their own eyes" rather than preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ (repent of your sin! Jesus Christ is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE, Jesus is the only way to reach God - in other words, following what God Himself has said is the only way to be His child and to worship Him, the Holy Bible). We read of how false doctrines are taking root, God is being blasphemed by misrepresentations of Him (The Shack, as one example), the Emerging Church, Purpose Driven Life indoctrination and subsequent movement toward unholy union with the world, and much, much more. This is REAL. People follow their leaders like sheep to the slaughter and never open their Bibles to study and see if what they are being taught is TRUTH or simply tickling of their ears.
Yesterday between church and our Sunday team dinner together I had an emotional melt-down of sorts. Ended up weeping over the evil I see around us, my concerns for my children and family members, and frustration over the apparent blindness of so many people I know. There are very, very few people I can talk to about these things. There are many people who also see what is going on, but they have gone off the deep end, one direction or another, and I do not want to be labeled in their respective groups.
Because I cannot freely talk to others, when I do talk about it, I am like a shaken bottle of champagne.
As Mel told me yesterday, there is a balance that needs to be found. During the conversation, somewhere exactly I don't remember, I asked him if Jeremiah also needed to find a balance? Or Isaiah? Or any other of the the Old Testament prophets?
How
Oh, it is so very, very difficult! Even writing this out I know that some who read it are going to immediately jump to all sorts of conclusions about me, what I believe, my mental state, my emotional state. I remember the reactions the Prophets got! And although I do not even begin to place myself among their number, claim absolutely to have no "word from God" about all of this - I am not blind, I SEE what is going on, I UNDERSTAND what is going on - how do I remain silent?
Mel asks me - if all of this is true, then - what is God telling me to do about it?
And therein lies my frustration. I do not know. I am not a prophet - I only see the obvious. I am not a preacher - although I am sure that I am a teacher. I do know that I have prayed more in the last year for my family and friends than I have ever prayed in my life. It is possible that God has allowed me to 'see' so that I do pray more.
So, a simple little YouTube video, innocuous in and of itself, is just one more nail in the coffin, one more little proof of what I see we are headed for.
My prayer is that God will keep my family faithful. I pray that my sons and daughter will repent from willing sins. I pray that they will eagerly look forward to Christ's return. I pray for my parents, as they are in their last years of life, that they will not fear death, but will live for Christ completely and stand firm to the end. I pray for my grandson, that God will remove his heart of stone and give him a heart of flesh that loves God, worships God and seeks to live for and serve God during these final years of earths' existence. I pray for my sisters and my brother. So many prayers, so many petitions to God, with the over riding plea - "Please, God, keep my family and my Christians friends faithful during these times! Do not let them fall away, help them to stand firm to the end. And those who do not yet believe on your Son, Jesus Christ - oh Father, open their eyes to see the Truth! Draw them, regenerate them, hold them firmly in the palm of your hand - soon, Father, quickly! The time is oh, so very short!"
No comments:
Post a Comment