I'll post more sometime in the next day or two. Mel and I are both having one of the worst times ever trying to get over jetlag this time. I wake up every morning between 2 and 3 and have a hard time getting back to sleep. Mel crashes around 7 pm and can barely keep his eyes open.
We'll go up to my parents after church this afternoon. Haven't seen my mom and dad yet as they haven't come down to Colorado Springs and we haven't been up there. Will also try and see Mel's Dad and Patty later this coming week.
We did go up to Woodland Park yesterday to see how we'd do with the altitude and it was ok. Went to the park and had a picnic lunch with Kara, John and Stirling. Then I pushed him in a swing while he counted up to 100. Then we counted up to 100 together (me saying every other number - he thought that was funny). Then he sang the song that teaches kids how to spell the names of the colors and numbers (but he only knows O N E and part of T W O right now). All of this in a snow covered playground, with lots of puddles and ice.
In fact, the lake in the park is covered with ice and a group of teens were out playing on it - and at least 2 of them went in. A basketball had rolled over to a weak area and one of the girls went over for it. The water is only waist deep, but none-the-less all we could think was - STUPID TEENAGERS! The wind was quite brisk and by the time it was over, there were 4 kids wet in varying degrees of wetness, shivering and laughing and sitting on a wall in the sun trying to warm each other up. Was I ever that crazy? It's so long ago now that I have a hard time remembering, but I can assure you that NO, I would never have done that! Oh my.
So, now I'll put the computer away, go iron my shirt and get ready to go to church. I sure hope I can sleep better tonight - or maybe I should say LONGER tonight. And Mel, too! This walking around in a fog is really no fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment