Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Friday, December 18, 2009

Bits n Pieces

I got to go to Stirling's school today and meet his teacher. He has mostly boys in his class. What a busy group of little people interacting with each other. There was a time when I thought I would like to be a kindergarten teacher.... Today I watched them all for about 3 minutes and thought to myself "I am exhausted just watching!" :-) :-) I told Kara on the way home that it was interesting to see such a group of little people all of different heights and sizes and interesting faces. Stirling's teacher seems really nice. She has a lot of patience. ha ha

~*~*~*~*~

Yesterday when we got home Stirling was already home. I came in the livingroom and he was talking to Grammy. I asked him something about his day and he responded that he didn't know because he was in the office.

Aha. And why were you in the office? Because I yelled at my teacher. And why did you yell at your teacher? Because I didn't want to change my card (we have no idea what that was about). So I asked him, What other option could you have done? (A look of "What???" so I rephrased the question.) What other choice or thing could you have done other than yell at her? And then we talked about choices a bit and how we can do good choices or bad choices and that yelling at his teacher was a bad choice. Grammy told him he should apologize to his teacher today.

When we got home, he informed us all that he apologized to his teacher today. I hope he really did. And I hope he can hold his temper enough to remember that he can make a choice - a good choice, or a bad choice that gets him into trouble.

Oh my. He is a character. He fits the old nursery rhymn very well, changing the gender of the child:
There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good
She was very, very good,
And when she was bad
She was horrid.

~*~*~*~*~

John had a good test for one of the job's he's applied and tested for. They have called him in for a second interview in January. If he's hired, he'll start in early January. We are praying and praying that God will provide a good job for him.

Kara is on bedrest now for the next 1.5 weeks. When we went in l.5 weeks ago the baby measured only 4% of average, so they put her on bedrest. I can see that she looks better. She was so exhausted when we first got home... I was really worried about her. The baby is a lot more active right now, too. I think the baby is happy that she's not working nights and is getting more rest!

~*~*~*~*~

Mel and I took her to her hospital ultrasound/doppler test and no-stress test today. Mel went shopping while I stayed with her. It was very interesting to see the doppler again and then to see how they did the no-stress test. Baby's heartbeat is strong and regular, was averaging between 155 to 160 and sounded a lot like running horses with the occasional drum beat thrown in. :-) The tech who did the test said everything sounded great and the graph produced by 20 minutes of monotoring was very good, too. Kara won't know if Baby has grown until the in-depth ultrasound in a couple weeks.

~*~*~*~*~

Mel just told me a few minutes ago that he would take me up to the top of the hill, or maybe some place a bit farther away, where it's dark enough to really see the stars. I tried to go out last night and look, but there are so many houses here now, plus my parents yard light, and all the Christmas lights the neighbors have shining that I really couldn't see much. Except for a bright red "star" to the east.

Andrew commented on it, too, when he got home. We think that it might have been Mars. I'm hoping it will be clear enough tonight to be able to see it again. It was as bright as Jupiter has been recently.

~*~*~*~*~

It's warmed up quite a bit. Not enough to melt all the snow by any means, but a lot of it is evaporating. Mom said earlier today that this is the longest there has been snow on the ground since the late '70's.

~*~*~*~*~

All for tonight. It is SO GOOD to have internet connection again!!

No comments: