Yes, I do. I love Utah. I want to marry Utah. (Isn't that a silly thing to say?) Actually, I hope and I pray that the new heaven and the new earth will include a Utah.
The best I could get - Leaving Colorful Colorado - at 75 mph on I-70!

Welcome to Utah

Dead tree, apparently killed by wildfire, near Dewey Bridge, Utah highway 128 on the way from Cisco to Moab. I thought the color contrasts on this tree were beautiful.

Still waters run deep, or maybe I should say: deep waters run still and make beautiful reflections. Colorado River, Utah, north of Moab.

Colorado River, near the beginning of the canyons northeast of Moab.

So much beauty I wanted to cry from the intenseness of it. There was a lot of humidity in the air and it was very cold today, from 8 degrees F up to about 22 degrees only. Made for a slightly milky looking view. I want to come back along this road sometime in the hot, dry summer. Oh - my heart felt like it was going to explode from the pleasure of seeing it all!

See the road, compare it's tiny size to the huge grandure of the cliffs it runs along side of. I feel so tiny in places like this.

There were 2 or 3 of these outhouses along the road. Fortunately there were also regular campground outhouses, too. I guess my diuretic was working over time today because I got to know a few of them! heh heh

I've read somewhere in the past that all of this is a result of man's sin. The earth is groaning from our sin. The earth is twisted and deformed because of man's sin. I, on the other hand, look at places like this and see BEAUTY. I see the creative hand of God at work, sculpting and forming each crevase, crack, bulge and dip of rock. God knows where each grain of sand is in these rocks. He knows where each grain of sand is that has eroded off the face of these cliffs over the millenia. He plans where each rock falls, where each plant grows, where each birds nest is located. God created these. Oh, how I hope and pray that our New Earth has beauty like this!

Can you imagine what it would be like to see places like this with perfect eyes, undimmed by sin and age? To see places like this that are
perfect? I look at these and see the rocks praising our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We humans so seldom give God the glory he deserves, but nature all around us, including the Utah canyon lands and desert, praise God. I, too, lift my hands in praise to our omnipotent God. Our Lord reigns!! Let the rocks and canyons sing praise to God!
No comments:
Post a Comment