Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Restless Earth

I'm trying to get back into a schedule that starts on Monday mornings, wherever I am! So, I'll have a couple days of repeats on this one.

Last week there were a lot of earthquakes on the page. This is the illustration from one day: 298 earthquakes Usually there are fewer than this, but there were 2 good sized earthquakes that had a lot of aftershocks (California and Haiti).

There are 283 earthquakes on todays' page (Latest Earthquakes Magnitude 2.5 or Greater in the United States and Adjacent Areas and Magnitude 4.5 or Greater in the Rest of the World - Last 7 days)

1/12 - 7.0 - 21:53:10 - HAITI REGION

1/14 - 6.0 - 14:03:41 - SOUTH OF THE MARIANA ISLANDS

1/17 - 6.3 - 12:00:02 - DRAKE PASSAGE

1/18 - 6.0 - 15:40:33 - GUATEMALA

Plus:
9 - YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING as of this morning (another swarm going in Yellowstone - I wonder if there will be a much larger one soon??)
2 - WESTERN MONTANA
1 - SOUTHERN YUKON TERRITORY, CANADA
1 - UTAH
1 - ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA
3 - HAWAII, MAUI REGION and ISLAND OF HAWAII
3 - OKLAHOMA
1 - NORTHERN IDAHO
1 - OFF THE COAST OF OREGON
1 - NEW MEXICO
1 - NEVADA
Plus many in California and Alaska, plus Puerto Rico.

No comments: