Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Checking In


Just checking in this morning. We are back in Kherson, Ukraine, after leaving Colorado a whole week ago! Spent one night on the plane from DIA to Heathrow, one night in a hotel near Heathrow and then 3 nights in Kiev and one night here in Kherson already. Does that add up to 7? Not quite, but close enough. I think we lost a whole day somewhere anyway. haha

Looking out the window this morning at almost 8:00 - white sky, gray buildings, dark trees. I am back in Ukraine. Will use my "sunshine lamp" later this morning to try and combat the depression I already feel approaching.

It never gets any easier to leave home and come back here, at least emotionally.

Unknowingly, I am rebuked by Mel. He tells me that the elderly man who rode home with us yesterday was a pastor and spent 10 years in the gulag. He's written a book about it but does not like to talk about it. Yes, I am rebuked. God is so good to me and I am often so unthankful.

More later.

No comments: