I was looking through some listings for houses and land for sale in the Woodland Park area - and found a piece of property that I have wanted for a very long time. There is no chance of buying it right now, but oh my! It's for sale!
We go there every time we are home and want to look at the stars. Wish I had the money to buy it. On the other hand, I know God knows what is best for us - and owning property brings problems of it's own. So, I dream about what it would be like to have that 5 acres and build the house I dream of. A house that has a totally glassed in room from which I can watch the weather and the stars. And a room for all my crafts - weaving, embroidery and so forth. And enough bedrooms and bathrooms for my whole family, should they want to live there with us. ha ha!
Sometimes it's just fun to dream and know the dream is impossible.
Now, if the "house at the top of the hill" should ever go for sale, that would be another thing. If I have ever coveted a house/place - that is it. In fact, years before a house was ever built there, I dreamed about what kind of house I would build there. I like the one that's there now - altho I would repaint it to more subdued colors. It has the most wonderful views to the north and to the south, and the most wonderful deck. And ... well, I may never have a house like that here on this earth, but there is always the New Heaven and the New Earth to look forward to!
Dreaming.
2 comments:
So glad that you are "dreaming" and seeing the brightness of your glass in the kitchen. These are signs that you are ok. 8-)
Sorry I haven't written much lately I have been physically ill and emotionally drained from that. We did have a good Christmas and New Year's.
Keep weaving lady, you are so good at it and that will keep you connected with Colorado, as you weave your dreams and desires into whatever cloth you are making.
I have missed your blog, and am so glad you are back to writing. I'll check in more often since I know you are back!
We just celebrated two years home with Maxim--the time has flown, and sometimes it seems like dog years.
Praying for you, friend!
Martita
Post a Comment