Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bits 'n Pieces

It's snowing quite heavily here in Kherson tonight. Wonder what it will be like in the morning. We have guests arriving on the morning train from Kiev. Mel will be in meetings most of the day and I'm supposed to meet with the women on our team and Tracy, the woman on the train, sometime in the afternoon. Could be an interesting day. I do NOT like to walk in the snow here because I have no idea what is under the snow - ground, a crack or a hole. Sigh. We'll see. I would rather stay inside and work on my embroidery and weaving! (Still have to warp the loom again. That sounds so cool to me - "I still have to warp the loom." heh heh)

~#~#~#~#~

In my reading around the net tonight I came across some articles about "loud booms" that people are hearing. Most are reported in the States, but they've been heard all over the world.

A few months ago, while I was sitting at the dining room table in the evening up at my parents place, working on Eithnee's baby blanket, I heard a boom. No one else heard it. The television was off or I would never have heard it myself. I actually thought there had been a gas explosion down in Woodland Park or even in Green Mountain Falls. It sounded far away and "deep". I even wondered if it wasn't deep in the earth beneath the house.

Years ago my dad was digging under the main part of the house, thinking about making an area to store some home canned fruits or something (he likes to dig, says it's his Welsh heritage) and he came across a crack in the earth. He shined a flashlight down it and dropped a couple rocks but never saw nor heard the bottom. He stopped digging. I figured it is just a space between a couple boulders - their house is on the side of a mountain after all! When I heard that boom, I wondered if something had dropped down there somewhere, way down. The house didn't shake, the dogs didn't react, I didn't see the cats so I have no idea if they reacted or not. I asked Mom later if she'd heard it, but no, she hadn't. Considering she is almost deaf, that did not surprise me. I watched for the newspaper when it came out (a weekly) and there was no news about an explosion in it. Nor was there on any of the television stations the next day.

Now I wonder. Is the boom I heard similar to the booms other people are hearing? If so - what are they??????? No one seems to know what is causing them, according to the articles I read tonight.

Strange.

I've not forgotten that boom, nope I have not. In fact, that's part of the reason the first article caught my eye. I thought it was really weird then, I think it's really weird now. {shivers} ha ha!

Most people have music playing all the time, or the television blaring away, or kids yelling and playing around. Very few people listen to silence any more. But I love silence. When you listen to silence you hear things - like unexplained loud booms far away!

~#~#~#~#~

Mel reminded someone today that we are in a spiritual battle. I needed to hear that. Several things have been said or have happened since we got back to Ukraine that I am really struggling with. Because I already struggle with depression in the winter, and because I'm convinced that we are on the verge of some very, very difficult times in our world and possibly even the Great Tribulation (which I think the Church will go through), I am always processing things in my mind through those glasses. I needed to hear again that it is a spiritual battle, not a physical battle, that causes me so much struggle. I need to keep in the Word more, I need to pray more. It's not "I should", it's I NEED to do these things.

I listened to a sermon tonight and I listened to 10 chapters of John from a free audio download I found on Biblegateway.com. While I work on the embroidery or weaving I try to remember to pray. I pray for the person the item is for, and I pray for family and friends here and at home and anything else that comes to mind. I do my level best not to just sit and think. When I just sit and think I often end up going over and over and over and over in my mind things that were said, things that were done, hurts, angers, and so forth. Why is it I can't sit and think of lovely, peaceful, calm, holy things naturally?? Sigh. But that's the way I am. So, I'm going to try and download some more of the free Books of the Bible and find a way to listen to them as I work. I found it very interesting to listen to John as I played a simple game that didn't require paying attention to.

~#~#~#~#~

I should get ready and go to bed. I don't think I'm going to go to sleep very soon (too much coffee too late in the day), but I am tired and I just need to think. Of course, I need to remember what I wrote in the previous section about "just thinking"!

~#~#~#~#~

Last night I dreamed a dream. Someday I'll start a book with that as the first sentence.

Last night I dreamed a dream. It started out with me being John Wayne, driving a herd of cattle and one lone buffalo to market. It morphed into me, the me me, not the John Wayne me, teaching a bunch of kids all about buffalo at a Visitor's Center at some National Park somewhere, but there were no buffalo in the Center, altho I went from exhibit to exhibit explaining in detail what everything was to those very interested kids. Poor kids! Then I suddenly was trying to find a gift of a buffalo to Mel, but ended up giving him one of those bobble-headed dolls - a penguin bobble-head doll. Little gray penguin body, great big very round bobble-y head. Looked a lot like this guy, but without the blue hat:I have strange dreams sometimes.
(I'd never seen this photo before I went searching for a picture of a bobble-head penguin, so I didn't dream about it! ha ha ha)

~#~#~#~#~

I would love to dream about a new house tonight. Wonder if I can convince my mind to do that. I have some of the most wonderful dreams about exploring new houses. Houses that have long corridors with lots of rooms opening up and windows to look out of and staircases to climb, and warmth. I've had several dreams of houses like that over the years. The houses go on and on and on and I'm going to live in it and make it my own and I love them. Strange since when I'm in a big house I rarely use more than two or three rooms on a regular basis. Shoot - even in this tiny flat we live in now I only go in the bedroom whenever I need to get clothes to wash or put away and at night to go to bed. Maybe if there was better light/bigger window and more room I'd go in there more often, but as it is, I spend 90% of my time in this office room or the livingroom. The rest in the kitchen with a bit in the two "little rooms".

Someday I would love a big house like that, tho. One that never needed cleaning, of course!

~#~#~#~#~

I love this music, especially the piece, Ancient Spirits. I could listen to it over and over again.

No comments: