Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday

Busy day today. Did some laundry, did some cleaning, did some studying, did some cooking, did some rearranging, did some reading, did a bunch of work on the computer with photos for a church in the States, talked with my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandkids for over an hour on skype late tonight. Yes, it was a fairly busy day. Didn't do any embroidery or weaving, though.

I thought it was interesting that after writing about Lord of the Rings last night, at the very end of my post, while talking to my kids tonight they told me they watched the first two movies of the trilogy last night. Apparently my grandson was quite fascinated with Golum. :-) Why does this not surprise me? haha!

The sun actually shone for awhile today. I can't believe how much of a difference that makes for me! It was wonderful, that weak, watery sunshine coming through the window and splashing across the livingroom floor. Very nice. Which reminds me, I really need to wash the balcony windows!! As soon as it's not freezing again.I was surprised when I hung those jeans out to find that what was already out there had frozen spots at the clothespins (and no, I still have not found my box of clothespins - those out there have been out there for over a year!).

I am enjoying the class I'm taking via DVD on Intro to Geology, put out by The Teaching Company. The prof is really funny to me, in a dry humor sort of way, in a good old home boy kind of way, in a typical American kind of way. He makes me laugh just the way he phrases things. I've also noticed that it helps me think about other things, which is good. I've gone back and looked at a few of the photos from places we've been and just looked at some of the geology. And we haven't even gotten much past describing what plate techtonics and minerals are yet.

When I grow up I want to be a geologist. That's after I'm a space explorer astronomer first. And expert weaver artist. And a storm chaser, too. (Maybe I'll get the course on Weather next - we gave that to Andrew for Christmas and he says it's really good, he's learning a lot while watching it. That's very nice to hear!)

There are so many things I want to do! :-) So much I want to know. So much I want to see. I'm so thankful that in my day and age there are things like this course that I can take for a reasonable price in the comfort of my own home, at my own pace.

Life may not always be really happy, but it is seldom dull. That is good.

No comments: