Todays date. will be better on 11 11 11. I like patterns in dates and times like these. :-)
There are so many times I wish I could look back at the present and say, "Wow! Look what God was doing at that point! And look what happened because of ... and ...!" I love to read history for that very reason. I can see the patterns, and I can see the flow from this point to that point, and it all makes so much sense.
However, in the midst of it happening, it rarely makes sense.
I was looking at a photo of myself from my 14th birthday the other day. Today I looked at photos of a friend when she was just a few years older. And I was amazed at how much she and I have changed over the years. Time does a lot of things to the human body! :) Good thing God is going to give us new (and perfect) bodies in heaven. I am sooooooo looking forward to my new one!
I know we are back in Ukraine. No doubt about it. There is a water leak in the kitchen. We aren't sure where exactly, but whenever we use water, a puddle ends up in front of the sink. Under the sink it is dry - "under" as inside the door on top of the cabinet floor. Who knows what's going on under that on top of or underneath the linoleum? Yuck! Sigh. I just really, really hope it's not soaking the kitchen wall downstairs. We've flooded poor Galena Sergeiovna way too many times as it is.
Before Mel left for a meeting with Jamie this afternoon, I made sure I knew how to turn off the water to the whole flat. Sigh. Double sigh. Dramatic sigh.
I found a very interesting blog, The End Time. She and I agree on almost everything, except the timing of the Rapture. Over the years I've come to stop (is that a phrase?) believing in a pre-trib rapture of the Church. I think we're going to go through the whole tribulation period. It's not because God is judging us along with the rest of the world at that time, but because we will remain Salt and Light during those terrible dark days. I just can't believe that people will become Christians after the rapture. It's like God is saying to them - "Ooops! Sorry! I took my church too soon and you didn't make your choice for me before, maybe you will now, so now I'm giving you another chance to maybe, possibly choose me." (Much wringing of hands) There is something about calling the rocks to fall on them to hide them from God that tells me if they didn't repent now, they aren't going to repent then.
Otherwise, I find her blog very interesting. She and I see the same things happening all around us and interpret them basically the same.
I wish I believed in a pre-trib rapture still. I really don't want to go through what is going to happen - what is already beginning to happen.
On the other hand, when I was younger I always wanted to have a martyr's crown when I die. Hmmmm - that doesn't look so wonderful now, humanly speaking. I understand much better now what actually comes with the acquiring of that martyrdom. Still, I pray that I will stand firm to the end. No matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment