Ei yi yi. I MISS sky watching here in Ukraine. I cannot express how much I miss it. And because of that, I'd better get off that subject right now before I fall into a (what word am I looking for? I had it there in my mind 10 second ago!! I know "lump" is not the word I am desperately searching for! hahahahaha!) slump? Is that it? Add another ei yi yi to this paragraph, but also a lot of internal laughing, cuz I think it's funny that my brain does this now. Ah - menopause, ya gotta love it, or you'll go insane.
Mel put on Rocky Mountain Solitude
I could listen to this music all day long. My heart sings with it. I want to close my eyes and lose myself for awhile in the music - therefore, I'll be back in a little while.Ah, that was nice, really, really nice. I needed that.
While we were at the Georgian National Dance Company performance the other night, I watched and listened and thought about what marvelous bodies God has given us. And I thought about how wonderful it will be when we get to heaven and dancing like that will be done totally and completely to the glory of God, and God alone. I thought about how it will sound with all of the different kinds of music that each culture will bring. And how instruments and voices will be played and lifted up in song completely to the glory of God. It's difficult to imagine that because so much of what we do now is filled with pride in ourselves and comparrisons to others - did I do better than so-n-so, are they better than I am and so forth and so on. In heaven it all will be for God, gifts to Him, and I am sure we will rejoice in what we can give and what others give as well - no envy or jealousy at all. How wonderful!
Once again my mind is turned to nature and what is happening in our world. The earthquake in New Zealand, all of the damage and destruction and death. Oh my. Yet, it is just one more. One more quake. And more will come, are coming, all over the world. There have been many earthquakes in Turkey over the past 36 hours, ranging from 1's to 4.8. Nothing is heard about these on the news, and so far I have not seen any of them reported on the USGS earthquake page. I wonder why? They are reported here on theEuropean-Mediterranian Seismological Centre page. I wonder, if a big one hits Istanbul, will we feel it? Turkey is not that far away, and we did feel the 6. pointer that happened in Romania, but then, there is a Sea inbetween us and Turkey. And thinking of that - Kherson is located just a few km in from the Black Sea, right on the Dnipro - so if there is a quake, would it, could it cause a tsunami in the Black Sea that could actually make it's way up to us? Due to the geography of the area, I'm not sure it would round the corner and come up the delta to us or not. But it's on my mind - as are the HUGE dams to the north of us on the river. Good thing our lives are in God's hands and not mother nature's!!
There was a report of mass bird deaths down in the Crimea. Many blackbirds found dead in Ukraine
I wonder what that is all about. We sure have a large amount of birds flying around here, now, way more than we used to have. Ravens and other black birds, and then there are the pigeons that are new to our part of town. Saw a woman the other day, out in the area across from our building, feeding the pigeons. Couldn't help but think of Mary Poppins and Feed the Birds. Also couldn't help but think what a nuisance they all are, pooping everywhere. Ah well, I love feeding wild birds in Colorado, and I used to feed them here (sparrows and chickadee type birds), too, until Galena Downstairs complained about all the bird poo on her balcony from them.
Well, I started this post several hours ago and it's just not getting done. Therefore, I will post what I've got written now, and maybe later, if I want to, I'll write some more. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment