Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Monday, February 07, 2011

Happy Birthday Eithnee Rose!

Today (the 6th - this is going to read the 7th since it's after midnight as I write) - today is Eithnee's first birthday. Happy birthday! my little Whirly Girly. Oh how I miss you! I miss you and your whole family more than I could ever write here. I love you, sweetie.






It is very late, as I mentioned. Mel is gone, on the train from Odessa to L'viv, for a city team leaders meeting and won't be back until sometime on Wednesday. I was supposed to be on skype with Kara and everyone at John's parents' place, watching while they celebrate Eithnee's birthday. I don't know why, but they have not come up on skype yet and it's only getting later. The celebration may already be over. Tradition is the 1 year old gets a little cake all to his or her self and can do with it whatever they like. It's always fun and funny.

I would say I'm very tired, and that is true - physically I am very tired tonight. But mostly I want to cry, but there are no tears burning. Only a deep sense of loneliness that my cat just can't fill. So, I'm listening to Keith and Kirstin Getty's Awaken the Dawn album.
That helps.
A little.
How thankful I am that I am not really alone, but my Father is watching over me, caring for me, and comforting me.
"I rest in You alone."

No comments: