Good morning, world!
Ok, it's 11:00am - I just felt like saying that right now.
I braved the kalunka this morning and took a very short shower without Mel in the flat to protect me should the water pressure drop or the kalunka decide to explode. I feel so brave! And clean. Ha! I do not like taking showers when Mel is gone.
Have I mentioned here that Mel is gone? I'm not sure. He's in L'viv right now but will be back sometime tomorrow. City Team Leaders meeting. He left Sunday afternoon.
It was 75 degrees in the bedroom this morning when I woke up. Yuck. I had the fan going all night, as usual. I can't believe people like sleeping in their own sweat. One night it's 65 in there because it's almost zero outside. A couple nights later it's 75. How many blankets should there be on our bed? I have one right now, but mostly it was kicked off last night. Cheyenne loves the heat. She is not real happy that I have the bedroom fortichka open as well as the balcony door right now. It's 75 here at the computer, in the mid-40's outside. Of course, everyone is bundled up like it's -25 out on the street. I only have my heavy winter coat here right now, so when I go out I'm going to be drenched in sweat again. Hmmm - maybe I do have a windbreaker over there somewhere. Will have to dig around and see if I can find it.
Stream of conscience writing this morning.
Listening to Keith and Krystin Getty Awaken the Dawn again.
Am in the mood to embroider today, so I think the blanket will be on the menu for this afternoon or evening.
Last night I talked with Kara, John and Eithnee (yes, Eithnee and I had a conversation - I talked and she made interesting sounds and stared at the computer screen and waved at me off and on). Mel and I bought her a little pink horse to rock on before we left for her birthday (that is not an easy sentence to understand, I'm sure. haha) Kara said she loves it. When she opened it she wouldn't let anyone get it out of the box, started yelling and crying until she had it back. Last night she'd just tumbled off it again before they came on-line. Good thing it's not very big and the floor is carpeted. :-) She played with her mylar balloon about half the time we talked. In fact, it really sounded like she said "balloon" when John gave it to her. She's not saying a whole lot yet, and she's not walking yet, which is probably a good thing at this point. Well, I say she's not saying a whole lot, but that's not true. She talks all the time! She just doesn't say words.
Kara said that Stirling was thrilled about her birthday - wanted to decorate everything and buy her lots of presents. I'm so glad to hear that. I was quite concerned about jealousy issues since his birthday is not for several more months. However, he really does love his baby sister and tries to take good care of her. Oh, there are times, for sure, when the sibling rivalry shines forth in all it's ugliness, but most of the time he really is careful of her and for her. This is very good.
The arthritis in my thumbs is really acting up the past couple of days. Mom gave me some emu oil creame that has MSM and glucosomine in it and it works very well. I also take a new pain pill for the arthritis I have all over my body. For some reason it is only mildly effective on my thumbs. The emu oil creame helps a lot. Just one more thing that makes me long for my new body and heaven.
Ok, all for now. Off to the store to buy my poor starving cat some cat food (or so she thinks - she still has a few crumbs in her bowl, but she is insisting that I put more food in it. The big pieces. Not those little crumbs. sheesh. What a demanding cat.) I do not like shopping while Mel is gone. Actually, I do not like Mel being gone at all. :) But shopping - that means I have to carry everything home by myself. I'm such a wimp.
Oh! Oh! I'd better hurry! The SUN IS SHINING!!!!!. I don't want to miss it!! I can even see some blue sky out there right now. Wow!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment