This morning I looked at the scarf and I had to really look to find that huge glaring mistake. :-) But now that I see it, I SEE it. I started working back, took out 4 rows, 2 of white and 2 of red. And I thought to myself, what am I doing?? I came in here, downloaded the photos and started looking for that mistake. Oh, it's there all right, but I had to really look for it to find it. Now, that's all I see when I look at the photos.
I'm sure a lot of people would laugh to hear this. I am not known for my perfect housekeeping (just ask my mother, she'll tell you what a slob I've always been). I'm not known for my perfect way of dressing. I'm not known for being a perfectionist about anything - unless you look in my linen closet (or what serves as a linen closet here in Ukraine) and you will find that all of my towels and washclothes are stacked up perfectly. You could place a ruler in front of them and they'd be folded "at attention" perfect.
I wonder why the rest of my life is not like that...
Well, I know why, really. It takes too much effort to be perfect at everything and I'd rather be living life than perfecting it. Nothing ever stays perfect. I take a towel, or Mel takes a towel, and depending on who takes it, I have to go back in there and straighten it all back up to make it perfect again (don't think I'm talking about Mel! haha!). It will only stay perfect until it's used. The same with this scarf. I can go back and perfect that huge glaring mistake, or I can say to myself, "self, how long did it take you to find that huge glaring mistake after sleeping a few hours? who else is going to go searching for it? what is this scarf going to look like after a few wearings anyway, especially if it ends up on a street kid, street person (not that they don't deserve the best I can offer, I just know how filthy it will be in a matter of a couple hours)?"
So, I'll stop writing this post and go back to the table, sit down, and reweave the 4 rows I took out and go on from there. However! Next time I see a mistake just an inch or so back, I'll fix it immediately!!
I am so glad God is not like this with me!!
Yes, I must be holy as He is holy - but He knew/knows that I cannot be that way on my own and sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to pay the penalty for my unholiness, my teeny and huge sin. He looks at His Son's holiness, applied to me, and He loves me. He doesn't see my imperfection, He sees His Son's perfection instead.
I am so thankful for that!
3 comments:
I don't see the mistake
Ha ha! That's part of the reason I wrote this post. Your dad couldn't see it either. Look at the 5th white row above the paperclip. There is a white "tooth" that only has 3 "fangs" instead of 4. (This is, after all, houndstooth pattern.) I had to search and search for it just now in the picture, too. Do you think the wearer will see it all the time and worry about the scarfs' imperfections? :)
Hope you are warmer now. I hear it's been one very cold week for you all!!!
It is much warmer now :-) And I *STILL* don't see the imperfection, so I don't think the wearer will mind, unless the wearer is *YOU!* :-D
Post a Comment