Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thoughts While Listening to the Wind Tonight

I kept wondering what that sound was. For the past 3 or 4 hours, well, even before it got dark - what is that sound?? It sounded like a gale force wind to me, but the trees outside the window didn't seem to be moving all that much.

Finally, tonight while Mel was watching a movie, I got off my rear end and went out on the balcony to see if I could hear it outside, not just in here in the office room.

Oh my goodness! My first impression was correct. The wind is blowing at a gale force speed, I'm sure. And somehow, the way it funnels between our apartment building and the 9 story building to the left of us makes the noise even louder. It really does sound like the roaring of waves on the ocean, coming and going, quieter and then much, much louder.

Wind here is weird. Or maybe more correctly, all of these 5 and 9 story buildings are weird. They are concrete so they don't creak and groan when a huge gust hits them. And we are in the exact center of our building - 3rd floor, middle podyezd, therefore we don't hear anything that might be hitting the roof - like hard rain or sleet. It is quiet tonight - except for the coming and going of the roar.

So very unusual.

It just adds to my general feeling of unease tonight. I read the news articles on the coming food shortages in the United States. Frozen crops all across the heartland, the South and way down into Mexico. Prices doubling and tripling overnight.

I've knowns this was going to happen for the past several weeks. It started in other parts of the world. Drought, flood, extreme snowfall, extreme heat, extreme cold. Crops wiped out in Australia, Sri Lanka, China, South Africa, Russian, Ukraine, Vietnam and now in the US and Mexico - all within the past 12 months. Famine is coming.

I was talking to someone the other night and I mentioned this - that I am fairly sure there will be a world-wide famine before the year is over and that I am most concerned for the kids that we know and my grandkids - and the person looked at me, got up and left. I'm not sure if the person was angry at me, shocked by what I'd said, or just decided at that moment that something else needed to be done. Whatever - it was weird. I felt like I wasn't believed at all, but I do not know that for sure. Whatever. I AM concerned about whether there is going to be enough food for my grandchildren to eat and be healthy by the end of this next winter. Very concerned.

Months ago I talked to my mother about this. Told her I thought they should store some flour and other items "just in case". Months ago. I sent an article to her via email through Kara, but I'm not sure she ever read it - just within the last month. It is coming.

I talked to Melinda about it. Reminded her of Joseph and how God had warned him of the famine that was coming and told him what to do. I asked her what she thought we should be doing to help the church and to help those we love and to help our neighbors. She did not have an answer then - neither do I at this time. We are limited in funds, in space, now in time.

If we are, as I truly believe, entering the very last of the Last Days, it will do no good to prepare anyway. God is bringing judgement against the people of this earth.

I am really tired of people, good Christian people, denying that that is what is happening. Jesus Christ PROMISED that He would one day return. He gave us signs of His coming. He told us to look and to watch, to be prepared for His return. Why, as a Church, are we so reluctant to think He might actually do what He said He was going to do??? Do we not want Him to return? Do we love it so much here that we don't want Him to come back? Do we believe it was all a lie?

Oh, how I long for His return! When I see what is happening all around us, when I see the evil that is growing by leaps and bounds every day and month and year... Sit back and think. Stop what you are doing right now, think back to what life was like when you were 10 years old. When you were 21. When you were half the age you are now. What life was like 10 years ago. Can you see the changes? Can you see the growth of evil in our world? Not just "over there" in some foreign land, but in your own home country? How different are the newscasts now, the newspapers/internet news reports now compared to what they were then? When was the first time you saw nudity on television? Sex on tv? The first time you heard profanity? God's name taken in vain on public television for the whole world to hear? When was the first time you realized that homosexuality was becoming an accepted way of life, "normal"? When did you stop caring about how many abortions are performed each year? When was the first time you realized that you were not shocked any more that someone in a position of trust had molested a child, or even several dozen children? When was the first time you read a graphic sex scene in a regular book and didn't think twice about it, just enjoyed it?

When was the last time you heard the news of what is happening around the world and put it together with the signs Jesus said would happen before His return? How many large earthquakes have happened in just the past 2 months?? How many volcanoes are erupting now? How many superstorms have happened in the last year, or even the last 5 years? What about this deep solar minimum we've been in, changes in the sun that affect the earth? What about all of the wars and revolutions and revolts and genocide that is happening all over the world right now? What about all of the murders that have happened along the border of the United States and Mexico in just the last year or two? What about all of the mothers who are killing their children, or the fathers who are killing their whole families? What about the financial crisis that has hit not just the US, but the whole world? ... the list goes on and on and on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - we are like frogs in pans of water on a stove. The heat is on under us - and we don't even care, we don't see it, we don't want to acknowledge it - we'd rather watch another movie, surf the net some more, party with our friends.

But these are all symptoms of the time in which we live. What distresses me the very most is that I have to be so careful who I talk to about these things. I cannot say to my Christian friends, "Wow! Look at what is happening! I think Jesus is returning soon!" No - if I do that, and I have so I know what happens, I get a blank look, or I am 'corrected' that no one knows the time so we can't say that, or I'm told not to be so afraid all the time, or some other form of 'I think you're crazy, but I'm too polite to tell you so" kind of look or attitude.

How I wish I could talk with someone like that. Not someone who is into conspiracy theories, or weird 2012 stuff, or hide food in a secret underground bunker somewhere out in the woods stuff. But have a conversation with someone who says, yes, I see the signs of the times, too and I am soooo looking forward to heaven, and seeing my Savior face to face and living in perfect joy for eternity. How I long to have a conversation with someone about heaven and what awaits us, and the joy that will be ours, and all of our loved ones we'll see again, and how we will be able to talk to God/Jesus and ask Him all those questions we've wondered about and longed to have answered. How I long to talk to someone about the New Earth and what we may do there, and what it may be like.

Oh, yes, I do talk to Mel about these things. He is very patient with me, and he listens to me and he answers my questions as best he can about these things that we know so little about. I can talk to Mel (thank you, Father in Heaven, for my husband) - I just wish there were others I could talk with, too! WHY can't I talk to every Christian that I know about these things????

So, I listen to the wind tonight. I used to listen to the wind and enjoy it. Now, it is like a sound of warning: Beware! It's going to get very bad before it gets good for the rest of eternity.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

No comments: