Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Sunday, March 13, 2011

41 and Counting

In the past 7 days there have been 41 earthquakes listed on the USGS site, 6.0 and above.

6.0 - 5
6.1 - 8
6.2 - 8
6.3 - 5
6.4 - 3
6.5 - 5
6.6 - 2
6.7 -
6.8 - 2
6.9 -
7.0 -
7.1 - 1
7.2 - 1
8.9 (upgraded to 9.1) - 1

These big quakes have happened not only in Japan or in the sea near Japan, but also in:
CHILE
SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS
SOLOMON ISLANDS
NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA
BALI SEA
TONGA
JAPAN

On today's USGS map, there are 535 quakes shown:

Mel asked me a couple nights ago what I think is going to happen next. I pondered that question for a few moments and then responded. The West Coast of America has been very quiet and is due or even overdue for a "big one". But it could be Alaska again, or maybe even more probable - Istanbul. So, there you have it. I think the next really big one is going to hit either the West Coast or Alaska or Istanbul. Of course, the way things have been moving around in other parts of Europe, China and the Middle East - who knows? Remember - I am not a prophet, neither am I the son of a prophet. :-)

Only God knows. And I'm so thankful He is the one in control of it all.

No comments: