Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Monday, April 25, 2011

Bloomin'!!


Yesterday Julia gave Melinda and me a tour of her garden - or maybe I should say, of her whole yard, because her whole yard is a garden. can you see that little guy hiding in there? ) Fruit trees galore - so many in such a small space! Right now they are absolutely beautiful. Most of these are from different trees. Like this peach tree that is just staring to bloom: There are different kinds of plums, apricots, cherries and the peach tree. Plus she has different fruit bushes, strawberries, herbs, roses and a variety of other flowers. Tiny little lawn, but enought to be a lawn. Like a Postage Stamp Lawn. :-) Just down the street from their home is a couple traditional Ukrainian home. I really like these things that are on top of the 'A' of the roof. Many of them are disappearing due to remodeling or the whole house being torn down and a new one built in it's place. Sad. I'm going to try and take more digital photos of as many as I can still find. :-)

No comments: