Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Friday, May 27, 2011

FO - I Really Like This Scarf

Yep, I really like this scarf!
I have a feeling that I've discovered something that I need to keep doing. It's not easy for me, but I'm going to try it again on a variety of patterns. What is it? you ask.
Well, I tend to weave really tight. While weaving this scarf I concentrated on keeping the weft loose. (Is that how you spell 'loose'? Looks weird to me.) Loose weft and a Mexican Lace pattern insert, combined with regular weave on the sides to give it more stability - and I have a scarf that is a lot softer.

Since the solid scarves are very, uh, solid :-), and tend to be a bit scratchy, I think weaving the acrylic more loosely and more lace-ily will make more wearable scarves. (I think I created a new word!)

I also really like the pale tan verigated yarn. A lot. I actually ordered 3 more skeins to be sent in the next box, used as packing material for what else I'm having Kara send me. I think that particular color can have a lot of uses in other color combinations. It looks a bit like bamboo to me, what with the green and dark brown and all.

I've already chosen my next pattern. Now I need to figure out which colors I want to use. I have a wide assortment of yarn right now, so the sky is the limit.

So nice to have a real stash! I've read about people's stashes and wanted one. Now I have my very own! A multi-colored stash of basically all the same yarn. Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this scarf too! You do so well with the patterns. Are they all from that book we got in the Springs? I am so glad you have more yarn to play with also. Enjoy yourself!