The other day a moth got caught between the two windows here in the office. The little fortichka window was partially open and apparently it flew in and couldn't find it's way back through the little open slit. It was just a plain, drab brown moth.
Plain? Drab? Really? I've modified the photo to highlight this little guys true nature. Oh my! Just look at the beauty in those wings! I would love to be able to weave something even half that beautiful. God's creativity and artistic-ness (is that a word?) never cease to amaze me.
It flew around between the windows for awhile. I tried to shoo it out, but couldn't do it through the pane of glass between us. It took a little rest here on the window frame, spreading it's wings and showing the glorious colors hidden under the brown cloak. What an incredibly beautiful little moth! Did you see it? I didn't at first. No, my attention was on the beautiful orange and black underwings, the moving 'feelers', the fluttering frantic flitting about all over the window and the window frame. From one side to the other, up to the top, down again to the bottom.
Hidden in plain sight, resting itself on the window from, hidden in the shadow of the big beast beside it, was this little guy.
I am in awe.
Thank you, Father in Heaven, for your gifts of color, of movement, of life. Thank you for the gift of sight, for the gift of joy and pleasure in the small things You have created. You are an amazing God! Thank you for loving even me.
Your Daughter
1 comment:
Your photos all of them, are so wonderful! I love the raindrops on grapes and the moths and the scenes from Kherson! Keep it up!
Post a Comment