Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Monday, August 31, 2009

Lullaby

I had a hard time going to sleep again last night. I know I should not read the news on the internet before I try to go to sleep. So much is happening that in my ownself, in my humanity, in my own strength frightens me and I can't get it out of my mind as I lie there on the bed in the dark.

My country is going to pieces. It is going socialist at an amazing rate. Where did this man get his power? Where did he come from? Who is truly behind him? So many questions and the possible answers frighten me in my own strength.

I read a few Christian blogs and articles on websites last night as well. I told Mel, I knew things were bad in the Church in the States, but I had no idea that it is THIS bad. I am shocked, but not surprised. Does that make sense?

Finally I got up and turned on the computer, thinking I would write a blog post. Guess what? I finally ran out of time on the internet account. Nothing. No connection at all.

Instead I put on a sermon and listened to it. When that one was over, I put on another.

I am so glad I did. When I really could barely keep my eyes open any longer (3:30 am), the sermon was over. I turned off the computer, turned off the little lamp here on the desk by the computer, and went back to bed.

In my mind Handel's Messiah was singing.
(part 53) Worthy is the Lamb
Revelation 5:12, 13
12. Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. 13. . . . Blessing, and honour, glory and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. Amen.
and
(Part 44) Hallelujah
Revelation 19:6
6. Hallelujah! for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Revelation 11:15 15. . . the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ: and He shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 19:16 16. . . . KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS.


I went to sleep singing these in my mind, praising God and thanking Him that HE is the one who is in control of everything that is going on, whether it is the collapse of the United States of America, the state of California burning up, or a dragonfly coming in our flat. Jesus Christ Himself said that in the last days many would fall away from the Faith, so why should I be surprised to read of so many false teaching rising up within the Church today and being whole-heartedly accepted?

Again, my prayer is that my family, that I myself, my husband, my good friends who are True Believers - that we would STAND FIRM in our faith until the end. Stand firm, even to the point of dying.

No comments: