It's not even 10:45 in the morning and we already have 2 new dragonflies in our livingroom.
I wish it would rain! Then maybe they would stop coming in here.
I'm glad they don't go straight into the pond - then I would have one very wet, very mad cat, shaking water all over the flat, and possibly fish flopping around all over the floor, too, and a broken fountain. Oh my! I am sure they smell the water and are searching for it. But where are they coming from??? The river is far from here. Maybe some of the private houses in the nearby areas also have outdoor ponds and fountains?? They sell them now at Nova Linea and other garden places. I don't know.
I just feel sorry for these little guys - searching and searching for water, then trapped in here. I can't catch them to put them back out like I would a wasp or bee. Maybe I need to see about getting a big net of some kind - but then, I'd just make a bigger mess than Cheyenne does! :-}
Oh, I have to make such difficult decisions!
Oh, my life is just so exciting!
Ha ha!
update
This is #3 today. I heard it making it's buzzing noise but thought it was one of the first 2. I thought maybe it was in the window because Cheyenne raced over there. Nope. I had to search a bit, but then I saw it. I looked over at the wall and the first 2 were still clinging to the wall over there.
Actually, now that I think about it - maybe these are females looking for a place to lay their eggs. A source of water. I'm going to have to look up dragonflies and find out more about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment