And yes, for those who read my blog and know, I pray and pray and pray that these ultrasounds will do no damage to our grandchildren! I remain opposed to the use of ultrasound, except in the case of medical problems. But enough of that on this post.
I talked with her on the phone last night and she is still feeling a lot of 'morning sickness' off and on during the day. It doesn't help, I'm sure, that her work hours are very unusual.
I also talked to Stirling for more than 40 minutes last night. Kara handed the phone to him, then she and my mother started talking and I got the feeling that they had forgotten me! Stirling talked and talked and talked. Let me tell you - that child could talk the leg off a table! I heard about the chipmunks - the fat and the skinny ones, I heard about how he shampooed Mandy, the golden lab, and that Grampy had to hose her off in the yard, and that she smells really good now. I heard about his two new friends who live in the house just up the hill, that they have a trampoline and a yellow zip line. I learned that he was wearing his Colorado Avalanche pants and shirt, and that yes, he did indeed look very nice. :) I also learned that the plants in the atrium needed to be watered, and that he helped Grampy use the weedwacker to cut the grass and what all the parts are and what they do and that the 'circle' on the bottom cuts the grass, not the blue string. 40+ minutes. I got in one and two word responses here and there, and even a couple questions. He was quite surprised to learn that Grandpa Mel was in bed asleep because it was very late and dark here - after all, it was still afternoon there and the sun was shining.
I love talking to that kid. Really, I do!
However, that meant that I didn't get to bed until after 2:00 this morning. Good thing church doesn't start right now until 1:00 in the afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment