Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Friday, August 14, 2009

Sasha Is Here!

Got a text message a few minutes ago letting us know that Ira had her baby last night. Mel called Yuri and he was already at work! Ouch. He sounded exhausted, but he did tell me that he was with Ira through the whole delivery. I am so GLAD! That is a fairly new thing here, to let a father in with the mother during the baby's birth.

So, Sasha was born on the 14th, is 3 kilograms and 52 cm long. His birthday will be easy to remember because it is the same day of the month as our biological grandson, just a month earlier.

I'm so excited for them. Here is a photo of Ira a few weeks ago (I swiped it off her facebook page!):

Be prepared - baby photos will be posted a lot, I'm sure. And since we are expecting a new biological grandchild in March ... well, I'm a typical grandmother, I guess. :) :)

1 comment:

The McGowans said...

So thankful that Irina and baby Sasha and Yuri are doing well. Congrats Babushka!
Thanks for posting. We have been praying especially hard as the due date passed.
The kids will be so excited when I tell them in the AM.
Martita