I couldn't sleep last night so I got up, put on my headphones, started a sermon I'd downloaded awhile ago and warped a circular loom with some yarn I've had for several years. I've been thinking about this for several months. I do have another unfinished thing I've been working on, but it requires very small stitches that make my eyes tired very quickly and I need good light to work on it, so it was not an option at 1:30 a.m. Weaving a circle has been on my mind for several months. So! Strike while the iron is hot! Or, do it while I'm motivated. Or, maybe better - what else should I do at that time of night?
I've tried making several things out of this yarn and somehow I just lose the motivation to continue. I really like the color, I just never end up with something I really like.

Well, I warped that loom and worked on it until 3:30 a.m. Today I finished it. I looked on the internet to see if anyone else weaves circles and if they do, what do they do with them when they are finished. I found one place, a private blog, where the woman has woven several of these. Then she crochets a band around the edge and makes it into a very nice looking hat
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I need to weave in the tails on the back and edge. It curves up in a slight basket shape, which I did not expect. I had originally thought maybe several of them sewn together might make a shawl or even an afghan. But with this upward curve - and the fact that this is acrylic, not wool so blocking it will not really flatten it all that much - well, what shall I do with it?

Decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll just ponder it for awhile and some night when I can't sleep again some wild idea will come to me and I'll pop out of bed, hobble into the office room, turn on my little lamp, put on another sermon to listen to and make something interesting in the middle of the night. Ah ha!
I'll just put it into a bag and let it marinate awhile with all my other unfinished projects......
1 comment:
when I first saw it I thoughts "oh, what a nice basket! I wish I could do something like that" so there you go. just wach it with starch or whatever you do so stiffen it
Post a Comment