No one really knows for sure what is going on with the sun. There is a lot of speculation within the scientific world. There is a lot of speculation within the "fringe" world as well. I find some of the fringe stuff amusing. I find some of the scientific guesses intriguing. Whatever is really happening - well, we will find out sooner or later.
How did I become interested in sunspots, you ask? Good question!
Way back when I lived in Alaska I fell in love with the aurora borealis - the Northern Lights. Uh huh! Whew! I've written about that all before so won't go into it. North of Fairbanks is a place where they study the aurora - Poker Flats. Which thought reminds me that I need to check and see if they have their live camera up and running again now that it actually gets dark in Alaska at night again! My sister wrote the other night that she'd seen a band of green aurora while she was out. I know people in other northern parts of the world have also been seeing them because photos are being posted on the web.
I can remember hearing that scientists thought the aurora was created by sunspots. Now the theories are slightly different, but that is what caught my attention with sunspots. From learning about what they are and what causes them, well, that is how my continuing interest developed.
I would love to go into space. I would love to have the scientific brain to thoroughly study the sun, with access to all of the modern and future technology that is and will be available.
I wonder if in the new heaven and new earth we will do such things? Wouldn't that be marvelous?!
No comments:
Post a Comment