...some days are stone. Today is stone, with a few little diamonds thrown in to make it livable.
Woke up at 4:30 this morning and thought to myself, "Wow! I feel great!" I lay there in bed wondering what I had done differently during the previous hours to cause myself to feel so good physically at that point. Finally went back to sleep around 6:30 still feeling great - and woke up at 8:30, aching all over. Ouch.
This happens every once in awhile. I have what I call 'A Really Good Day' with little or no arthritis pain anywhere in my body, a cheerful attitude and a general feeling of well-being all over. I don't know what causes them - or for that matter, what causes the typical day where I have aches and pains that are normal and livable. Then there are days like today where I can hardly move because I am so stiff and sore all over. I guess these things are "normal" and just a part of arthritis. I've wondered about fibromyalgia, but I don't think I have the other symptoms - and that's good.
So, I took a couple more ibuprofen about an hour ago and some of the pain in my right thumb has subsided, but I'm still feeling stiff and achy all over. Maybe it's the weather? Actually, I think there is some truth to that. It's much colder again today and a weather front is/has moved through. We were supposed to get snow but only a few diamond crystal flakes have fallen so far. Everything is covered in a very light coat and the trees are sparkling beautifully in the noon sunshine.
This song has little to do with what I was writing about, except for the title. I like the title. :-) I like the song, too. I think John Denver looks sad in this video.
No comments:
Post a Comment