I finally finished scarf #4 yesterday.

I wondered how well the pattern was going to show on the finished scarf. I think it looks pretty good.

Here is a close up of how I finished the ends.

You can't really see the "hem" in the photo. It's much more obvious in reality. It's an over/under stitch first with one color, then the next. Someday I'd like to decorate a whole scarf with it. A scarf that is going as a gift to someone. Or maybe a pillow. Or a shawl. Something plain weave with the embroidery stitch over it in a contrasting color. Dreaming. I am never quite satisfied with the ends. It's like they are a nuisance that needs to be figured out anew each time. :-) Scarf is about 76 inches long.
It's snowing again today. Just lazy flakes falling out of the sky, blowing hither and yon. Cold, too. Brrr. It hasn't been over 68*F here at my desk since we got back. The bedroom remains at around 71*F every night. Wish I could switch those two numbers!
No comments:
Post a Comment