I bent over, unzipped my boots, slipped them off and then glanced up at the wall. There, above my head, is a calendar that I bought while we were in the States. This is the photo that I saw for the month of February:
Wow. Double wow. How many times I have looked at that photo and not seen what is there?
Glancing up, I was almost in shock. All I could think was:
Isaiah 40
21 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood since the earth was founded?
22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Psalm 99
1 The LORD reigns,
let the nations tremble;
he sits enthroned between the cherubim,
let the earth shake.
2 Great is the LORD in Zion;
he is exalted over all the nations.
3 Let them praise your great and awesome name—
he is holy.
Now, I know in my head that this is NOT a picture of God, or of the Lord Jesus Christ, sitting up there in space, ruling over everything. No, this is just a photo of part of the Orion Nebula. The calendar tells me it is part of the LL Orionis. Astronomy Picture of the Day tells me:
Now, every time I look at that calendar, I see the shape of person sitting there on the left. Like a reminder of the Creator, NOT an image of the creator, just a reminder of how big He is and how teeny tiny we are. A reminder that He sits enthroned above all, including this nebula. That He could 'unbuckle Orion's belt' if he wanted to do so, while we have just barely learned to look more indepth at said belt.
God speaks to Job:
Job 38
31 “Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?
No comments:
Post a Comment