I am so thankful that Mel was here and came running when I started yelling at the top of my lungs, "MEL!! MEL!!!" Almost screaming. It happened so fast. I had the stupid new shower head slung over my shoulder while I put conditioner in my already washed hair. Why was it over my shoulder? Because it cannot attach to the post on the wall. The hose is too short and there is no hook to hang it with. I HATE IT.
I knew the split second the water pressure in the hose fluctuated that I was in trouble. It takes a micro-second for the water to turn to steam in the kalunka. By the time I reached up and jerked it off of me, the metal parts were already almost too hot to touch and the water was boiling. I have a huge red streak from my shoulder down the side of my back and on to my hip now. I tossed the shower head over toward the faucet, but it was still spraying hot water, so I reached to flip off the on/off lever and it was steam. Mel, by that time, was in the kitchen and had turned off the kalunka flame and made sure that the water really was on full force. This STUPID new faucet has this STUPID inconvenient lever that flips up or down for faucet or shower, or sideways for off. With the arthritis in my thumbs and hands now, flipping it is difficult to do, especially fast. So, now not only does my back hurt, my hand is throbbing.
"I am not happy, Bob." I am not happy at all. Angry. Mad. Hurt. Traumatized. Crying. I will NEVER take another shower, ever, ever again, without Mel here. NEVER. I thank God he WAS here and was able to get the kalunka off before it exploded. Last time Mel was gone for several days, I braved it and took a very lukewarm shower. Never again. I have no idea what happened this time! The water to our flat never went off, and as far as I could tell, the pressure didn't change either.
So, I am burned and I am mad. ANGRY. And I HATE that whole stupid shower, and especially that horrible new faucet/shower head.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr.
PS - not only is the lever a pain in the ..., but look how long that thing is! It stickes out about 1/4 of the way into the tub, so the water is either running all over the edge (leaking behind the tiles??) and down the side of the tub to the right, on the floor to the left, or the metal is hitting you on the legs while you stand in there. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.
1 comment:
Man. I pray the water demons leave you alone.
Post a Comment