Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Warning Sign Scarf

Danger! Hazardous Material! Keep Out!

Whew! The farther I wove on this scarf, the more these kinds of thoughts started going through my mind. Ha ha! I probably will never do a scarf in these two colors again. Or at least, not in any kind of stripey pattern. :-)

Here is the finished scarf:
I'm not sure what's going on with the sides. I wove it with one shuttle rather than two, maybe that is what is causing the sides to curl inward. Or, it could be the pattern design it's self causes this to happen. Or it could be something else completely. Maybe it will wash and dry out. We'll see.

The color on the next two photos is terrible. The yellow is very bright, almost a flourescent yellow, not this dingy, ugly color. The last photo is closest to true color, but still not bright enough.

"Front" view:


Back pattern view:
On this particular scarf I almost like the back pattern better than the front. I like the fact that the front and back are not identical. Scarf can be worn to emphasize either side, depending on the person's mood at the time. :-)

Trying a new thing with the fringe. If I don't like the way it looks after it's washed and dried, I'll probably trim the very end and then unravel it to make it look fuzzy. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are totally amazing me with your weaving! some day you may need to get a floor loom, yes with all those heddles, so that you can do LARGE weavings, since you are so talented with the scarves!! Hehehe