I slept well last night. The first time in several days. Slept until 9:00! Wow - that is almost 1.5 hours longer than I have been sleeping.
And I feel better today. Much, much better.
A little sleep, a lot of prayer from friends and by myself - and I'm feeling better.
What really surprises me is that I came to this understanding after reading the news and some blogs this morning.
The stock market fell almost 280 points yesterday. There were more tornadoes, this time in an area of the US where they happen but are not common, all over the world more animals died under strange circumstances, more volcanoes are threatening to erupt, Fukishima continues to spew out radiation with no end in sight and with no idea when it will actually be 'contained', and violence is breaking out or continuing all over the world (like in Yemen), sometimes in ways and places that are not expected, like on airplanes. Plus, an Islamic cleric is okaying human slavery and praising jihad (again, as usual). And to top it all off, more food is now unsafe to eat, E.coli mystery spreads concern across Europe (to say nothing of all the Genetically Modified Food now in our food supply chain!).
So, there you go - bits and pieces of all the wonderful news today. And yet - I'm feeling myself (a very Russian way of saying that!) much better today.
Thank you, thank you for your prayers. I so needed them.
Now, I need to go get dressed - it is almost noon! And then I need to get a load of wash in the washer and then get the chicken ready for the oven. We have company coming over for dinner tonight. Probably should clean up the livingroom, too - they will need a place to sit down and eat. haha!
Cheyenne thinks this is a good place to sleep!
1 comment:
C- Glad you are feeling better, and I will keep praying that it leads to doing better. I wouldn't discount spiritual warfare at all. You are in the cross hairs because of what you and Mel are doing for God's people in Ukraine. When John stopped preaching every week and started his school job, my life became so much easier and I haven't experienced the depth of oppression that I felt ALL THE TIME when he was at a church. It won't last forever, and you are on the winning team--Paul talked about the "light and momentary troubles" in a not so light sort of way, leading to an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. I didn't think the world would end in May, but all the talk about it sure made me yearn for Christ's return in a more real way.
Martita
Post a Comment