I've been looking for this particular cantata on the internet for several months, off and on. We used to have the record - you know, the black vinyl things that look absolutely HUGE next to a CD now?? And before we had the record, we sang it in choir.
I played it for Mel tonight. Oh my. Memories of Alaska and Alaska Bible College and the choir and those funky maroon courdoroy long skirts and weird cumberbuns and white blouses all the gals wore and I can't honestly remember what the guys wore - black pants, black shoes and white shirts maybe? And traveling in the vans to different cities in Alaska - Tok, Valdez, Anchorage, Copper Center. And singing our hearts out. And I can remember crying sometimes at the very end during the last song. For some reason I especially remember singing in the little church in Tok. And the cold as we traveled and being bundled up in lots of layers and heavy boots as we traveled, snow and frost and seeing your breath in the van for hours, stamping your feet occasionally to get them 'warm'. And laughing together and singing together and being a part of a community of Believers who were all intent on one purpose.
I had my problems at ABC, but I also had some incredibly fun and good times.
Listen to it - listen to the words and let YOUR heart sing!
Jesus Is Coming!
© Copyright 1972 by John W. Peterson Music Company. All rights reserved. Used by permission
No comments:
Post a Comment