Street Market, Kiev, Ukraine, September 10, 2011

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Some People Have TiVo.....

I've read on some blogs that some people have TiVo. I have no mental picture of what that is, just what I read when I typed "what is TiVo" into google. :-) We do not have TiVo. We have something better (I'm sure) -

the dumpster!

Oh yes, the ol' dumpster. That thing has brought us minutes upon minutes of entertainment. I don't take a lot of photos of people rummaging through it - although I could. Maybe I should... But people are not the only ones who rummage through it.

Yesterday Mel came in to talk to me and noticed that there were two dogs dining out at our dumpster. White Dog was sitting there, looking around, kind of like a guard on look-out duty, while German Shepherd Dog was dining. (I wonder if White Dog could even jump up in there? Maybe he was hoping German Shepherd Dog would throw out a few morsels for him.) Someone walked by (you can just see the person as a colored splotch in the very corner of the picture, under the bars that cover our window). White Dog wasn't too sure about the walkers' intentions. White Dog started getting antsy and walked around to the back of the dumpster. Suddenly, down the street, came the sounds of another dog barking loudly (insert dramatic music). (It was probably only little black Super Dog barking at someone who dared to walk past his podyezd door.) German Shepherd Dog jumped from the dumpster faster than my finger could snap a photo and both he and White Dog took off running down the street toward the other barking dog.

We have no idea what happened from there. I could, however, make up all sorts of story lines. Old friends meeting. Gang rumble starts. New love interest begins. And so forth and so on.

Later we went to the store and along the way, we saw these two dogs again, along with a couple buddies, harrassing a dog on a leash. Oh dear. Looks like we have another dog pack forming in our area. One of the signs of the worsening economy.

Yes, looking out our window can be quite entertaining. Who'd a thunk a dumpster would be the star? Who needs TiVo anyway??

No comments: